Levi & Sandie * Oh HAPPY Day!
Today I received the best text message. It said, "Levi is home tonight". I shouted for joy and started phone calling the family. Our cousin Levi has been serving in Camp Bucca, Iraq for almost a year. Tonight we gathered as family & friends at the SL International Airport to hug and celebrate his safe return HOME. Levi is a soldier, a leader, a son, a friend, a cousin, a husband, a father, and a HERO. Levi is married to my cousin Sandie. They have two adorable boys, Luke & Cort (see www.raising4boards.blogspot.com for more info). It has been my honor to support Sandie and Levi as he has served in Iraq. Hearing about the soldiers has new meaning when you have a loved one serving. Sandie has been a "single-mom" for the past year. She has had to figure out how to get the boys where they need to be, work at her job, and try to find time to enjoy life and keep her sanity. Sandie is my hero too! She has had such a positive attitude thru the year. As I was purchasing lots of flags, posterboard, markers, etc. to prepare for Levi's arrival, a woman in line asked me if I was welcoming home a solider. I proudly told her yes, my cousin. She said, "Tell him thank you". I told her I would and both our eyes filled with tears. Levi- We love you & we THANK YOU for your service to our country! God Bless America and all the soliders who still need to come HOME safe!
Family & Friends welcoming home Levi
Our family with Levi & Luke



2 comments:
Thank you!!! I am now crying. I think your post was better then mine. You are so good at this! Thank you again. Love you.
I know it woulda been a heckuva lot harder if I didn't have "cousins". All the supplies and goodies that were constantly arriving helped keep my soldiers' spirits up. You ROCK!!!
Post a Comment